Types of Information We Collect And How We Use It
When you access the Site, you transmit your IP address to us. We save the IP address in our “Access Logs,” which show the date and time you accessed the Site and what pages you accessed. Any information transmitted to us may be used to determine if the Site is working as intended, perform Site health diagnostics, or perform analytics (such as determining in which country our Site is popular). These activities do not personally identify you and any reports are for internal use only. The information collected through this process is not shared with any third parties. If a law enforcement agency or other security event requires us to produce or retain these logs, we will securely save them to comply with the request or resolve the security event.
The types of information we may collect (directly from you or from third-party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Momnt and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Momnt may collect information include:
- Interacting with the Site, participating in surveys, and requesting information.
- Interacting with the Site via a Momnt Merchant.
- As you navigate the Site, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that PersonalInformation which is relevant for the purposes of Processing your business transactions with us.
When you use the Site and engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Momnt, responding to surveys, requesting information, purchasing services, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you choose to request information from us, requestto receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Site or a mobile device, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Site, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Site, and other actions taken using the Site, such as preferences, mobile device identifier, user settings, location information, mobile carrier, and the operating system of your mobile device. Mobile versions of Momnt’s Site may require that users log in with an account.
- Purchasing Information. When you use the Site to purchase goods or services from a Momnt Merchant, we may also collect information about the goods or services you purchase, how frequently you purchase products or services, and any rewards earned from such purchase.
- Information Submitted Using the Site. You agree that Momnt is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Site, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or services. Momnt will not release your name or otherwise publicize that you submitted materials or other Personal Information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. We use this supplemental information for security and fraud detection purposes. This supplemental information also allows us to verify information that you have provided to Momnt and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business and the products and services we offer.
How Momnt Uses Your Personal Information
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information about you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Services or Information Requested. Momnt may use Personal Information about you to fulfill requests for products and services or potential or future products and services, including to:
- ~Manage individual information and accounts;
- ~Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- ~Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Momnt’s Site; or
- ~Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support
- Administrative Purposes. Momnt may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- ~Measure interest in Momnt’s products and services;
- ~Provide products and services to you;
- ~Develop new products and services;
- ~Ensure internal quality control;
- ~Verify your identity;
- ~Communicate about your accounts and activities on Momnt’s Sites, and, in Momnt’s discretion, changes to any Momnt policy;
- ~Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- ~Process payment for products or services purchased from Momnt Merchants;
- ~Process applications and transactions;
- ~Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- ~Prevent fraud or impersonation;
- ~Enforce our agreements that you may enter with Momnt; or
- ~Engage in any other uses for which we have a legitimate interest, such as individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
- Marketing Momnt Services. Momnt may use your Personal Information to provide you with materials about product offers and services that may be of interest to you. Momnt may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- ~To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- ~To notify you about offers and services that may be of interest to you;
- ~For other marketing purposes disclosed at the time that you provide Personal Information; or
- ~Otherwise with your consent.
- ~Fraud Prevention. Momnt may use your Personal Information for fraud prevention.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use
Momnt may use your Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as demographic information, location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Momnt’s Sites, or other analyses we create. All Personal Information and other information are anonymized so it does not identify you and is used to help us deliver our existing products and services or develop new products and services. For example, this information may be used to measure visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Sites. Anonymized or aggregated information does not identify you, and Momnt may use such information for research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information with third parties in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Momnt may also perform research (online and offline) via surveys. If you participate in a survey, your information will be used with other study participants. We may share anonymous individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes. We may engage third-party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve you by learning more about your needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Site, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
Cookies and Pixels Tags/Web Beacons
Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page of the Site. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that you have visited a particular web page.
Our uses of pixel tags fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. We may use pixel tags, web beacons or similar technologies to operate our Site, services, applications, and tools to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions, such as saved search
- Performance Related. We may use pixel tags, web beacons or similar technologies to assess the performance of our Site, products, services applications, and tools, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use our Site, determine if you have interacted with our messaging, determine whether you have viewed an item or link, or to improve our Site content, products, services, applications, or tools.
- Functionality Related. We may use pixel tags, web beacons or similar technologies to allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Site, products, services, applications, or tools. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our Site.
“Do Not Track”
When you browse the Internet on computers or Android devices, you can send a request to websites not to collect or track your browsing data (“Do Not Track” or “DNT”). If we get a DNT request, we will still collect and use your browsing data to improve security, provide content, services, and recommendations on our websites and generate reporting statistics.
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other products or services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Momnt does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
With Whom Momnt Shares Information
- Momnt’s Third Parties. We may share any Personal Information we receive from you with a third party from whom you purchase or seek to purchase products or services to facilitate and support the transaction you have requested.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive with our vendors and service providers. The types of service providers with whom we entrust your information include service providers for:
- ~provision of IT and related services;
- ~credit reporting agencies;
- ~service providers who are used to verify your identity;
- ~provision of information and services you have requested;
- ~payment processing;
- ~customer service activities; and
- ~in connection with the provision of the Site and products and services.
We have executed appropriate contracts with our service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing your Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. We may provide your Personal Information to financial institutions with whom we may jointly offer financial products or services, or whose financial products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with us. We require our business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we have provided it to them. If you obtain a financial product or service from us and one of our Business Partners, we and the Business Partner also will provide you with Privacy Notices required by Title V, Subtitle A of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Regulation P promulgated by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as required by law and similar disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- ~comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court
- ~order or subpoena;
- ~respond to your requests;
- ~protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety;
- ~enforce our policies or contracts;
- ~collect amounts owed to us;
- ~prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity, as determined in our sole discretion to be necessary or appropriate; or
- ~engage in any other information sharing if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity and ensure a high level of performance on the Site. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies so that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities
Email Communications; No Telemarketing Calls
We will not make telemarketing calls to you. We process requests to be placed on our do-not-email lists to unsubscribe from marketing emails from us within such time as required by law. We will obtain your prior written consent for non-emergency calls and texts to cell phones and other mobile devices as required by law.
Security of Your Information
By using the Site or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use ofthe Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Redress/Compliance and Accountability
Other Rights and Important Information
Our Site is not designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from any person under the age of 13.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
“Agent” means any third party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Momnt or to which Momnt discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
“Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
“Third Party” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than Momnt or Momnt’s Agents.